Customer requests

A customer request / service request is an enquiry for assistance to inspect, remove, replace, repair or reinstate council facilities or amenities that may be damaged or missing as a result of a number of circumstances. 

How do I lodge a customer request?

There are a number of ways you can lodge a service request:

  • during business hours you can call 1300 656 564 and speak with a customer service officer.
  • submit a customer request
  • if your request is urgent and outside business hours call 1300 656 564 and follow the prompts to be connected to an on call staff member – this may include reporting wandering stock and stray animals, reporting dog attacks, fallen trees or other road hazards on our local road network or a public toilet that needs cleaning.
  • you can email with details of your request
  • or you can visit our customer service centres at Port Fairy or Mortlake during business hours.

Making comments on social media or messaging council’s social media pages may not be seen and therefore not actioned. Contacting council directly though the above methods is the best way of guaranteeing your request will be seen and actioned.

What can I use a customer request for?

Requests for service/assistance can include:

  • removal of dead animals
  • reporting a pothole
  • reporting maintenance issues or concerns of public amenities
  • reporting illegal dumping / littering
  • managing pest plants/animals
  • improved street lighting
  • mowing of council owned land
  • road maintenance
  • wandering animals, and much more.

What can't a customer request be used for?

There are some instances where council will be unable to assist these include:

  • stock wandering on the side of a state government controlled road – this needs to be reported to VicRoads on 13 11 70
  • sick or injured native wildlife – call Wildlife Victoria on 8400 7300
  • road hazards on state government controlled roads - these can be reported to 13 11 70
  • maintenance issues for property or facilities not owned or managed by council.

What happens once I have lodged my request?

Once an issue is reported, we investigate and undertake the necessary maintenance. If you wish we will notify you of the actions/outcome.