Building and planning

Our building and planning teams provide assistance and advice about construction and land use in Moyne Shire. If you are building or changing the way you use your land you may need a building permit and/or a planning permit.

Planning permits relate to the use and development of land and can only be issued by Council, VCAT or the Minister for Planning. You may require a planning permit for a house, business, for building works or a fence.

Building permits relate to structures and are required to ensure a construction complies with regulations. Separate to a planning permit, you may need a building permit for a structure, fence or retaining wall. Private registered building surveyors can issue building permits.