Burning off and fire restrictions

Permits to burn

During the fire danger period, if you wish to burn on your property, a permit to burn must be applied for.

A permit to burn is only issued for agricultural purposes, to assist farmers in the removal of grass and stubble.

View the latest updates on fire danger periods in Moyne, on the CFA website.

Total fire ban days

During a CFA total fire ban day, you cannot burn anything on your property.

You are not permitted to burn, even if you have a permit from the CFA.

Visit the 'Can I, or can't I?' webpage for more information.

How to apply for a permit

Permits are issued at the discretion of the CFA. 

Apply for a permit on the Check. Notify. Apply. website

You can:

  • check if you need a fire permit
  • apply for a fire permit
  • notify authorities that you are using a permit
  • register a burn-off when restrictions are not in place

Burning off outside the Fire Danger Period

Burning off grass, stubble, weeds, undergrowth or other vegetation is generally permitted outside the fire danger period.

Find out more information about burning off on the CFA website.