Moyne Youth Arts Collective
About Moyne Youth Arts Collective (MYAC)
MYAC (FReeZA), is a program that supports young people to put on a range of events for young people from music and dance, to film, exhibitions, and skate comps.
• Are you interested in the creative industries?
• Do you have a passion for the arts?
• Do you want to learn how to put on events?
You don’t have to be creative to be an artist. Nor do you have to be artistic to put on events. MYAC is all about breaking the barriers to the creative industries.
Whether you’re into arts, the technical aspects of events management, or just want to put on events with young people for young people, MYAC has something for you.
We are now recruiting young people with a passion for music, events, arts and culture to join MYAC. Applicants must be aged 12 to 25 who live, study, work or play in the Moyne Shire. Best of all, it’s FREE to join.
What are the opportunities?
We know that young people have busy lives, so MYAC is offering flexible opportunities to be involved. There are three options to choose from:
• Join a committee for a specific event, helping to plan the event (2-4 hours per fortnight for a limited time).
• Volunteer for a day event (hours will depend on the event).
• Join our core crew if you want to commit until July 2023 (regular fortnightly or monthly meetings).
Why join Moyne Youth Arts Collective?
By joining MYAC you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn new skills in event management, project planning, leadership, teamwork and communication
- Get to know the arts, culture and music scenes
- Network and meet people in the creative industries
- Meet like-minded people
- Explore future careers
- Build your resume
Meetings will be held from 5:00pm -7:00pm on Zoom with a face-to-face meeting once a month. It’s super easy to get involved! There is no application process, simply register your interest by completing the Expression if Interest Form below. Not sure or still have questions? We’d be happy to chat to you on the phone or by email.
We are looking for:
• Anyone aged 12-25 years’ old who lives, works, plays or studies in the Moyne Shire.
• Reliability and willingness.
• Young people from diverse backgrounds including race, gender, ability, LGBTIQA+ and more. Your different experiences are an asset.
• Curiosity and self-reflection.
• People who are willing to work collaboratively and share their skills, insights, and networks New members are always welcome!
Register your interest now!
Fill out an Expression of Interest form here
Want more information about Moyne Youth Arts Collective call 5568 0555 or email email@example.com