Statutory planning

Our planning office offers advice on town planning and planning permit applications across the shire. Council is required to assess each planning application in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, the Moyne Planning Scheme and any other relevant government policies.  

Town planning concerns the use and development of land under the provisions of the Moyne Planning Scheme and the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The scheme includes state and local planning policies and guidelines, as well as zone and overlay maps of the shire. This scheme specifies which uses of land, or buildings and developments of land, require a planning permit.

Town planning officers are available to meet at the Port Fairy Office everyday and at the Mortlake Office by appointment. To assist town planners in providing you with good advice, ensure that you have full address of the property and the nature of your proposal on hand.

Please contact us to arrange an appointment if you wish to meet with a town planner.