The Moyne Shire Youth Council is for young people aged 12 to 19 years who want to make a difference in their community, and challenge themselves as leaders. Committee members must live in Moyne, work or study in the Moyne and Warrnambool area. Applications are open on an annual basis.
Moyne Shire through the Youth Council aims to encourage and empower young people to be genuine leaders in their community. Youth Council members have the opportunity to:
- Deliver projects to address the topics and issues which are important to young people within their community;
- Develop their leadership skills and take part in leadership training;
- Work with other like-minded and passionate young people;
- Learn more about the community and local government;
- Represent the views and ideas of young people and influence decision-making.
- Have fun whilst achieving something for themselves and community.
The Moyne Shire Youth Council meets on the first Monday of the month,
4.30pm – 6pm in Warrnambool.
View the Moyne Youth Strategy here(PDF, 602KB)