Volunteering with Council
Council recognises the importance of volunteers and their contribution to maintaining a healthy, engaged and inclusive community.
Becoming a volunteer offers:
- a sense of contributing to the local community
- skill and knowledge development
- work experience
- personal development
- friendship and fun
- community connection
Council provides a variety of volunteer programs to serve the local community and include areas such as:
- Visitor information services and tour guiding;
- Heritage asset preservation and promotion;
- Historic Lifeboat Station;
- Youth programs;
- Community art and recreation programs and
- Parks and asset improvement projects (i.e. tree planting, clean up days).
Ready to give it a go?
We can help find the right volunteer role for you, simply complete our online application form and we will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Port Fairy and Region Information Centre
The Port Fairy and Region Information Centre invites you to join our enthusiastic group of volunteers in providing visitor services to our region. Volunteers provide assistance with:
- Face-to-face customer service
- Collection and entry of statistics
- Brochure management
- Information research
- Ticket and retail sales
Contact our team today on 03 5568 2682 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Here
For further information on volunteering with Council, contact us on 1300 656 564, or email@example.com