Council is seeking public comment on the draft Port Fairy Bicycle Implementation Strategy.
The draft strategy(PDF, 5MB) has been developed with stakeholders from Council, Port Fairy Bicycle Users Group, Port Fairy to Warrnambool Rail Trail Committee and school user groups and aims to address the needs of cyclists of all ages and abilities.
Cycling provides a range of health, social, environmental and economic benefits to individuals and the community. The 2021-2025 Moyne Shire Council Plan recognises the benefits of walking and cycling across the shire, and aims to create connected and active communities through and enhanced walking and cycling network
The Port Fairy Bicycle Implementation Strategy builds on this and aims to:
- Provide a network and infrastructure that caters to a range of cyclists.
- Connect locals to origins and destinations.
- Strengthen the tourism offer of Port Fairy.
- Provide for a high level of safety and comfort.
- Provide safety infrastructure for cyclists at vehicle conflict points.
- Maximise the landscape experience.
- Respond to the special heritage and landscape character of Port Fairy.
Public feedback is now sought on the draft strategy
An online information session will be held via Zoom on Thursday 16 September at 5.30pm. The session is open to all members of the community. To register and receive the link to the online session, enter your contact details below