The Minister for Planning has given notice of the application for a planning permit for the Mt Fyans Wind Farm PA1800406.
Council sought feedback from the community to form its submission to the Minister - community feedback closed on January 23.
Members of the community can make a submission to the Minister for Planning until February 7. Submissions can be made via email to email@example.com or by post to PO Box 500, East Melbourne VIC 8002
Key aspects of the proposal include:
- Construction of up to 81 wind turbines to a maximum blade tip height of 200 metres;
- Up to 3 meteorological monitoring masts;
- An onsite substation and an offsite grid connection substation with 19 km of 220kV overhead transmission line connection;
- 500 metres of 500kV overhead transmission line between the grid connection substation and the Mortlake Terminal Station;
- Approximately 80 km of underground cabling trench onsite;
- Temporary construction facilities;
- Operation and maintenance buildings;
- Approximately 85 km of internal access tracks;
- Removal of native vegetation;
- New and upgraded road access points.
You may view the application and any supporting documents at:
Moyne Shire, Mortlake Office
Moyne Shire, Port Fairy Office
Koroit Library, High Street, Koroit
Mt Fyans Wind Farm office, Dunlop Street, Mortlake