Economic Development Advisory Committee
Nominations for this committee closed at 5pm on Monday 4 November 2019. Thank you to everyone who nominated. We will update this page with the elected committee members following Council workshop in mid-November.
The purpose of the Economic Development Committee is to facilitate the successful implementation of the Economic Development Strategy 2019-2029 (EDS) and respond to broader economic development matters in the following ways:
- To provide strategic business focus, industry perspective and geographically balanced input for the EDS.
- To assist in monitoring results and reviewing annual action plans.
- To establish productive working relationships between Council and business stakeholders.
- Beyond the EDS, members will contribute proactively at Committee meetings by sharing information and ideas relevant to the success or betterment of the Moyne economy.
You can read the committee's draft charter here(PDF, 120KB)
There will be two Councillor representatives. One Councillor will serve as Chairperson.
Community Representative Positions
Council is seeking expressions of interest to fill 4-6 business and industry representative positions.
Appointments to the Committee will be made by the Council having regard to a range of selection criteria, including whether a nominee:
- Is a local business owner, manager or industry representative.
- Has a range of business experience and skills across various roles or sectors.
- Is willing and able to represent and communicate the interests of the business/industry community to the Committee, and relay information from the Committee to the business/industry community.
- Is willing to adhere to the Committee’s Code of Conduct.
- Is available to attend regular meetings.