Small Business Incentive for Fee Reduction and Waivers
Fees Reductions and Waivers
The Small Business Incentives Scheme for Fee Reduction and Waivers will support small businesses with the cost of doing business in Moyne.
The program enable business operators to apply for financial waivers and discounts for Council permits and other approvals.
Council has allocated $20,000 funding for the scheme and will be offered to successful business applications until the amount is exhausted.
Types of incentives offered:
- 100% discount on VicSmart signage fees with estimated development cost less than $10,000.
- 50% discount and up to a maximum value of $500 on planning fees.
- Application receives commercial priority status.
For Environmental Health
- 100% discount on food premises Class 3, L1 - new registration .
- 100% discount on health premises - new registration
- 50% discount and up to a maximum value of $500 on all other food and environmental health fees
For Local Laws
- 100% discount on footpath activity fees, such as seating, tables, art works or plant boxes etc. - Note: Council 2020/21 budget waiver applies.
For Infrastructure Services
- 100% discount on permit fees regarding works on road reserves.
- $1,000 of transfer station (tip) vouchers (one time only).
Note: If the business premises are leased, relevant incentives would be passed to the business manager or operator and it is up to the landlord and tenant to enter into separate agreements.
- The business must be located in Moyne.
- Must not employ more than 19 people (government definition of small business).
- Must have an ABN and meet all necessary statutory requirements.
- May be a home based operation, existing business or new business.
Note: In special cases where small businesses do not strictly meet the eligibility criteria but still offer economic and social value to the local community, Council will consider their circumstance on a case-by-case basis.
- Small businesses are automatically considered for the incentive as part of their online application form for Council approval.
- Council will contact applicants if further information is required.
- Applications will be assessed against the program criteria.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application when the invoice of the application is issued.
To discuss this program further, please contact the Business Support Service on 1300 656 564 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org