The Moyne Sessions Artist Information
1. The Moyne sessions Pop-Up Recording Studio program is for artists that have songs ready to go.
2. This is a free program, however participants must cover all costs incurred by travel and accommodation.
3. All prospective participants of The Moyne sessions Pop-Up Recording Studio program must meet and be aware of all of these criteria:
Acts must contain members who live, work, recreate or study in the southwest. Only acts whose members fall into these categories will be awarded a recording opportunity (at the FReeZA workers discretion).
No members can exceed 25 years of age or be younger than 12 years of age at the date of application. However, if you sing but don’t play an instrument you may bring along a friend, relative or music teacher (over the age of 25) that can play an instrument and accompany you during your recording.
The Moyne sessions Pop-Up Recording Studio program is open to soloists, duos, bands, DJ's and artists of all styles and genres, and is of most benefit to artists performing original material. Artists will be allocated a minimum of one recording session each.
4. Artists recording original material in The Moyne sessions Pop-Up studio program have the chance to attend a pre-production song polishing session with Cameron Deyell. Cameron Deyell has been making music for 20 years, and is best known for working with Sia on her Grammy-nominated platinum-selling album This is Acting. Cameron has also worked with artists Lior, Katie Noonan, avant punk band Liars and Indian Jazz fusion group The Three Seas. The song-polishing sessions will give your song(s) the finishing touches before you record.
6. In the Pop-Up recording studio, there is backline equipment provided for your use. This includes full PA, drumkit, guitar and bass amplifiers. If a drumkit is supplied, then you may use your own snare drum, kick pedal, hi-hats and cymbals. If using your own equipment, it’s important that all equipment is tested and tagged, as well as clearly labelled. All performers are responsible for their own equipment and no responsibility will be taken by the event organisers for any damaged or lost equipment.
7. All artists need to adhere to the strict recording times that will be clearly communicated to you before the sessions.
8. FReeZA events are part of a Victorian Government-funded program promoting safe all-ages events. A high standard of behaviour is expected from all artists and personnel who are involved.
9. To be considered for place in The Moyne sessions Pop-Up Recording Studio program, your completed electronic application forms must be submitted by Tuesday 31, August 2021. Successful applicants will be notified by Wednesday 01 September, 2021.