Cyber Culture MVG Virtual Exhibition 2023
Council is calling out to young artists across Southwest Victoria aged 12 – 25 to create artworks for the Moyne Virtual Gallery (MVG) as part of the Emerging Curators Development Program in response to the theme of ‘Cyber Culture’.
The theme of Cyber Culture is important and thought provoking. Questions are raised such as ‘How does the living in a digital era affect your day-to-day life?’, and ‘with access to an infinite amount of knowledge, communities and media, is the influence of the internet a positive, negative or both?’
We’re asking artists aged 12 - 25 from Southwest Victoria to think about this subject, create a piece that resonates with their personal relationship with the theme, and submit their artworks.
30 pieces will be selected to feature in the online exhibition curated by Rose Owen. Rose was successful in her application for the Moyne Shire Emerging Curators Development Program in 2022 and is curating this virtual exhibition.
Some prompts to consider:
- The rise in AI technologies
- Global connection & communication
- A place of freedom & self-expression
- Access to education & knowledge
- Online discourse, ‘cancel culture’
- Nothing is removed from internet history
We are looking for young artists between the ages of 12 and 25 living in Southwest Victoria to respond to the above prompts, showcasing talents in any medium.
Photography, Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Textiles, Digital, Audio & Video are all accepted. This is a fantastic opportunity to have work viewed in an exhibition displayed in the Moyne Virtual Gallery, a space that is making art accessible to an audience across Victoria.
The exhibition is being supported by prominent organisations within local creative communities, with successful applicants being paid $100 for their time and effort. Plus ALL entries have the chance to receive one of below opportunities to further their creative practice:
- One year membership to The F Project
- One Day Studio experience
- Voucher to Blarney Books
- Please keep artwork to a PG theme; no violence, gore, sexual images, or nudity will be considered.
- Photographs of your artwork must be supplied as either a Jpeg or PNG file
- When submitting your artwork ensure they are of high-quality resolution (images must be a minimum of 1024 pixels high x 1024 pixels wide and no more than 2048 pixels high x 2048 pixels wide)
- Video/audio files are to be shared via a file sharing platform
- When submitting your artwork ensure files are clearly labelled with artist name, title of work and year work was created (e.g. SSmith_Danger_2019)Applications are now open and will be closing on 28/07/2023.
Click here to submit your application.
Applications Close 5pm 28 July 2023
The MVG Emerging Curators Development Program and its exhibitions has been made possible with the support of VicHealth through their Jumpstart! Fund.