Fortnightly FOGO collection
Place your green-lidded FOGO bin on the kerb before 6am on your collection day.
Call (03) 5568 0555 if:
- Your bin is missing or broken
- You would like to change your service or an extra bin (charges apply).
- Your bin is not collected by 1pm on collection day
The fortnightly FOGO waste collection allows residents to dispose of green waste and organics (such as food scraps). These organics are then composted and used as soil conditioners
What can I put in the bin?
- Food scraps, vegetable peels, dairy products
- Green compostable bag liners filled with contents
- Grass clippings / Flowers / Weeds / Leaves
- Small branches and twigs
- Dog droppings / Meat / Fish / Prawn shells
- Coffee grounds, tea bags
- Egg shells, hair, feathers
- Tissues, paper towels / Soiled paper for wrapping food
What can’t go in the bin? - If in doubt leave it out and put it in the red-lidded landfill bin
- Plastics or glass
- Plastic bags
- Garden post and hoses
- String, twine or wire
- Soil, stones, brick or concrete
- Hazardous or chemical waste
- Stumps, large branches, timber or garden stakes
- Place these items loose in the bin and do not compact as the bin may not empty.
- If you line the bottom of your bin with leaves, lawn clippings are less likely to stick to the bottom.
- Strictly no plastics or other household garbage in this bin as it will reduce the ability of this material to be used for compost.
- Do not place garbage, rocks, stumps, plastic shopping bags, plastics, bricks, building material, nappies, car parts, glass or scrap metal in your green bin.