Pensioner Rate Concession
The State Government provides pensioners with a rebate off their rates and charges. If you hold a current pensioner concession card you may be able to claim a rebate on your Council rates. The rebate is adjusted annually in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
Requirements to be eligible
- The property must be your sole or principal place of residence
- Your property address the concession relates to must be the same as the address stated on your pension card
- You must be the person liable for payment of the rates & charges
- Your property must be used exclusively for residential purposes
- You must not have claimed a rebate on any other property in the same financial year
How to claim a pension rebate
Complete an Application for Concession on Municipal Rates and Charges, available here(PDF, 1MB) or by contacting us and produce your current entitlement card. If you have previously applied and your circumstances have not changed, the rebate will automatically be applied to your rates each year.
Please advise Council if your circumstances have changed and you are no longer eligible for a rebate.
Note: Holders of Health Care Cards are not eligible for a rebate.