Council is seeking expressions of interest from residents of Willatook and surrounding districts to fill three community representative vacancies on the recently established Willatook Wind Farm Community Engagement Committee, which is an Advisory Committee to the Moyne Shire Council. The Committee’s membership will also include representatives from Council and the proponent Wind Prospect WA Pty Ltd.
The purpose of the Community Engagement Committee will be:
- To provide advice on strategies to ensure the effective flow of information to and from the community regarding the Willatook Wind Farm project.
- To act as a conduit for information flow between Council, the project proponent, the community, and relevant stakeholders regarding the Willatook Wind Farm project.
- To assist in the resolution of issues that may arise during the pre-application, application, and if necessary during the construction and operational stages of the Willatook Wind Farm project.
The appointments to the Committee will be made by the Council having regard to the following selection criteria:
- Knowledge of Willatook and the surrounding districts.
- Links to existing Willatook district community groups and networks.
- Availability to attend regular Community Engagement Committee meetings.