Moyne Shire Council gives notice pursuant to section 190 of the Local Government Act (1989) (‘Act’) of its intention to enter into a lease with Apollo RW Pty Ltd as trustee for Malady Family Trust ABN 12 351 161 242 for the newly constructed and fully fitted out “Wharf” building located at 29 Gipps St, Port Fairy.
The proposed principal terms of the lease will be:
- Permitted use as Restaurant and Fish and Chip Outlet;
- A term of 21 years;
- A commencing rental of up to $120,016 per annum plus GST;
- All lease terms and conditions shall accord with Section 17D of the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 and Retail Leases Act 2003;
- Rent reviews to be applied on the third anniversary of the commencement date and then every three years thereafter throughout the term of the lease;
- The lease contains special conditions and obligations as determined by Council and Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning which are available upon request to Council for viewing.
A person may make a submission on the proposal. Submissions must be received by the Council on or before COB 6 April 2018 and will be considered in accordance with Section 223 of the Act by the Council.
If a person wishes to be heard in support of their submission they must include the request to be heard in the written submission and this will entitle them to appear in person, or by a person on their behalf, at a Council meeting to be held in April 2018.
Submissions must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, PO BOX 51, Port Fairy 3284.
Submissions form part of the public record of the meeting (including any personal information you provide) and will be appended to the Council report which is published on Council’s website. A hard copy will also be made available for inspection by members of the public at Council offices, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
Further queries should be directed to Adam Boyle, Manager Corporate Business and Tourism 1300 656 564.