Applications close 5pm Friday 6 October 2017
Funding of up to $10,000 is available per event to assist Community Groups plan and deliver a broad range of community festivals and events held within the Moyne Shire.
This support is in recognition of the valuable contribution that community organisations, and local business make to the social, cultural, economic, and environmental wellbeing of our Shire through local festivals and events.
In order to support applicants, a Council officer will be available to answer questions about the application process.
Application drop in support sessions (no appointment required) will be held at:
Port Fairy Visitor Information Centre
Wednesday 6 September 2pm - 4pm
Wednesday 13 September 2pm - 4pm
Wednesday 20 September 2pm - 4pm
Mortlake Shire Office
Thursday 21 September By appointment only
Applications will be accepted for festivals and events that assist community groups and organisations in the running of an activity which benefits residents and visitors to the Moyne Shire.
Funding is provided as supplementary support to event planning and delivery and to grow positive community outcomes, not to solely fund or subsidise an event.
Festival and Event Funding Eligibility
- Funding is eligible for festivals and events held within the geographical boundaries of the Moyne Shire, or those that can demonstrate benefit to a significant number of Moyne Shire residents.
- Organising Committee’s must retain and / or reinvest any monies raised from holding the event within the Moyne Shire community.
- Applicants must have fully acquitted previous funding applications and have no outstanding debts or financial disputes with Council.
- Applications should seek to support disadvantaged and or vulnerable community members to access the event, where appropriate, including recognising and honouring companion card holders.
- Applications must seek to ensure all activities are undertaken in a socially, environmentally and economically responsible manner.
- Funding is for planned future festivals and events, i.e. applications for funding in retrospect will not be considered.
Applications are assessed on the following:
Need for the funds:
- Is there a clearly identified need for this event / festival?
- Does the application fulfil this need?
- Has the applicant demonstrated engagement with and support from the local community?
Local community benefit:
- Are the outcomes of the project clearly identified and do they contribute to the social, cultural, economic and environmental wellbeing of our community?
- Does the application increase the range of, and access to recreational, social, cultural and environmental festivals, events or activities?
- How many local people are likely to benefit from the project?
- Will the project promote opportunities for people to participate in community, particularly those who face physical, social, economic and other barriers to participate in local festivals and events?
Ability to deliver:
- Is the budget clear and realistic?
- Have alternate sources of income been considered / articulated (i.e. entry fees, corporate sponsors, other grant sources)?
- Is there a demonstrated capacity to deliver the activity as described in the application?
- Have relevant permits and special planning conditions been considered and or addressed?
Organising Committee to provide the following with the application:
- Financial statements (i.e. profit and loss report, balance sheet)
- Event Budget (clearly identify profit / loss, identification of funding sources, ticket costs – with estimated sales)
- Actual budget from previous year (if applicable)
- Any event Business or Strategic Plan
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency
- Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable)
Council may request additional information during the application and or assessment phase to support consideration of applications.
Things to consider when applying for this funding
- Applicants need to be aware that the amount allocated may not match the requested amount.
- Applications are for the 2017 / 2018 financial year and only apply for events that fall within that timeframe.
- Applications close Friday 6 October 2017
For an easier way to apply, please complete the online application form
For those unable to use the online application form, a paper based form can be requested by calling (03) 5568 0525.