Funding boost for Moyne events
Published on 07 December 2017
More than $35,000 will be shared among an array of Moyne Shire festivals and events.
The second round of the festival and events funding program was announced at the most recent council meeting and will see money shared across the shire.
The program provides funding of up to $10,000 per event to assist groups and organisations to plan and deliver festivals, events or activities that are held within Moyne Shire or which benefit a significant number of Moyne residents.
The funding recipients are:
- Port Fairy Winter Weekends - $9000
- Koroit Sheepdog Trials - $2000
- Purnim 150th Celebration - $8000
- Mortlake Art Show - $3550
- Port Fairy & Koroit Cups - $6000
- District 5 State Rural Voluntary Fire Brigade Victoria - $3000
- Port Fairy Tennis Court Opening - $1000
- Hawkesdale Australia Day & ANZAC Breakfast - $864.40
- Yambuk Football Club 40 Year Reunion - $2000
In round one of this financial year’s festival and events funding program, $58,684 was handed out to community groups and organisations.
In round two, $35,414.40 was allocated, with the successful applicants representing activities with an expenditure of more than $200,000 in total.
Moyne Shire mayor Mick Wolfe said the grant program supported a range of wonderful community and tourism events that form an integral part of the Moyne event calendar.
“The program and its successful recipients, across both rounds, demonstrate an incredibly active community with diverse passions and interests, from sports to the arts, providing volunteer opportunities and great entertainment for our community and visitors,” Cr Wolfe said.